Help & FAQs
Why haven't I received my order confirmation?
Sometimes emails get filtered into different folders depending on your email service. Try checking your Promotions folder, or your Junk/SPAM folder.
Occasionally some of our emails are blocked by certain email providers. If this is the case, contact email@example.com and we can send you a copy. You can also add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book, or your list of approved email address.
My tracking number doesn't work
If you receive your shipping notification email and your tracking number is not working right away, it is because your parcel has not been picked up by Canada Post yet. If the tracking number continues to be unrecognized by Canada Post tracking service, please reply to your shipping notification email, or contact email@example.com.
Why can't I place my order?
There are a few possible reasons why you can’t place an order. Here are some troubleshooting tips to try
- Manually type your address in for shipping and/or billing address. Sometimes the auto-fill feature does not register for these forms
- Make sure that your billing address matches the address associated with your credit card
- If you are using a Gift Card, please use a credit card for any remaining balance instead of PayPal. PayPal is not configured with our Gift Card provider.
- If you are using a Gift Card, be sure to click the ADD button so that it will be applied to your order.
- If your coupon code doesn’t work it may be expired, or you can double check the spelling
If you have tried these tips and are still having trouble, please contact us.
Why don't I see my preferred shipping option?
The shipping options available to choose from are determined by the products that you have ordered.
- If preferred curbside pick-up option is not available
- All of the items in your order must all be available at that pick up location
- If shipping is not available
- An item is only available at the Edmonton South store
- Item does not qualify for shipping (see Shipping Oversized & Hazardous Items for more information)
- If only shipping is available
- Your order will be fulfilled by two locations, Edmonton West and Calgary South
- If nothing is available
- One or more of the above scenarios is true
Do you offer free shipping?
For a limited time, orders over $49 before taxes qualify for free shipping across Canada via Canada Post. Gift cards do not count toward order total for free shipping eligibility. Some large, bulky or heavy items do not qualify for free shipping (examples include boats, paddles, skis, stoves and heavy family tents). Orders that qualify for free shipping are sent via Canada Post. For more information visit our Shipping & Return Policy page
Can I make a purchase from outside of Canada? Do you ship internationally?
At this time we can only accept credit card payment and ship orders within Canada only. If you are attempting to purchase a gift from outside of Canada for shipping within Canada, you may try to use PayPal.
What types of payment does Breathe Outdoors accept?
- American Express
- Breathe Outdoors Gift Cards
- American Express
- Breathe Outdoors Gift Cards
If you are purchasing on behalf of a group, business or government entity, please visit our Corporate & Group Sales page.
How does Breathe Outdoors calculate sales tax?
Our online retail business services all Canadian provinces and territories, with the exception of Quebec. As such, we are required to charge the applicable GST/PST/HST rate based on where the goods are being shipped to.
Shipping charges will be charged Alberta GST.
No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift cards. The applicable taxes will be charged to the purchase made when using the gift card as payment.
Canada Post shipping rates are automatically calculated on the web store during the checkout process once you have completed your Billing Address and Shipping Address information. All shipments originate from our Edmonton, Alberta warehouse. Canada Post shipping rates are calculated based on the shipping container size and weight, choosing the greater of the two.
How can I get a shipping rate calculated?
- Add all items you wish to purchase and ship to your shopping cart.
- Proceed to checkout.
- Complete the Billing Address and Shipping Address information.
- A rate for Canada Post shipping will then appear in the Shipping Method section.
All shipping charges will be subject to Alberta sales tax of 5%.
Note: Certain products can only be shipped to Breathe Outdoors store locations and not to specified addresses. These exceptions will be noted on the product pages. Please see the Shipping Oversized & Hazardous items section.
Orders will be shipped and delivered by Canada Post
For a limited time, orders over $49 before taxes qualify for free shipping across Canada. Gift cards do not count toward order total for free shipping eligibility. Some large, bulky or heavy items do not qualify for free shipping (examples include boats, paddles, skis, stoves, furniture, and heavy family tents). Orders that qualify for free shipping are sent via Canada Post.
Orders are picked up by Canada Post Monday to Friday. We do not ship orders Saturday, Sunday, or on Statutory Holidays.
All Canada Post tracking numbers are sent via email in your Shipping Notification. In the event your order is fulfilled by multiple locations, you will receive more than one Shipping Notification.
How do I track a shipment?
All orders shipped through Canada Post are traceable on canadapost.ca. Once your web order has been processed for shipping, you will receive an email with a tracking number which you can use to track your package at canadapost.ca. Track your package
Estimated Business Days for Speed of Service do not apply to:
- Deliveries to The Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Yukon, PO boxes and rural areas.
- Deliveries made during statutory holidays.
- Items that must be sent by ground-shipping: hazardous, flammable and oversize items as noted in the product information.
- Items shipped common carrier freight, including boats.
- A contact person must be available to accept the delivery between the hours of 9 am – 5 pm. All packages require a signature for delivery. This contact person must be available to sign and confirm the items they have ordered as part of the delivery.
- Estimated Business Days for Speed of Service are not guaranteed. Weather delays and other unforeseen circumstances may impact delivery time. Once the shipment is picked up from our warehouse for delivery, it is no longer our responsibility to track the shipment, and we are not responsible for any shipping delays. You will be sent a tracking number and shipment information from Canada Post via email so you can track your shipment online.
- Our distribution center does not ship on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Canada Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- We do not ship internationally or to residents of the province of Quebec at this time.
- For shipping-related questions, please contact us directly at 1.800.661.3847.
Some items which are hazardous, very heavy or oversized may need to be delivered by another carrier. Should this be the case, Breathe Outdoors will contact you directly with new shipping options and associated costs. These costs may differ from the original shipping charge on the web order. Should the new shipping option not be favourable to the customer, Breathe Outdoors will cancel the order and refund the order in full.
Some heavy and oversized items may have inaccurate shipping charges attributed to them at the time of purchase on the web store. Breathe Outdoors reserves the right to increase or decrease the original shipping charge, but will only do so with the consent of the customer. If the shipping terms are not agreed upon by both parties, Breathe Outdoors will cancel the order and refund the order in full. We apologize for any discrepancies which might arise.
Shipping kayaks, canoes, large stoves, and other oversize or heavy items costs extra. Be sure to read the special shipping information that appears on the product page, or on the purchase agreement page which you'll see when you place the item in your shopping cart. Oversize charges are not added on Breathe Outdoors Store Pickup orders.
Because flammable items cannot be shipped, these items cannot be sold through the web store however they are available at your local Breathe Outdoors store.
Bear spray products require customers to fill out a consent form therefore these items are only available for purchase in store.
How to Place an Order for a Breathe Outdoors In-Store Pickup?
You have 3 choices:
- Shop online: Choose any of the 3 in-store pickup options in the shipping method section. You will receive an email from us when your order is available for you to pick it up in your preferred store location. You can also refer to the shipping timelines for in-store pickup estimated service speed.
If you need to cancel your order contact us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.661.3847 so we can process your request prior to shipping. If the item has already been shipped, once the item arrives please ship back the item to Breathe Outdoors using a traceable postal service such as Canada Post or UPS to Breathe Outdoors Warehouse 10951 170 Street, Edmonton, AB T5P 4V6 .
You will be responsible for the return shipping. Please state on the return paperwork that you would like a full refund. Once we receive the package we will process the refund and notify you that the transaction is complete.
We want you to have a great experience shopping with us whether in-store or online. We’re confident in the quality and selection of the brands and product that we sell, and provide the best possible customer service and product knowledge.
However, we understand that sometimes we buy the wrong size for a friend, or don’t end up needing the extra hot-dog stick.
If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for exchange or refund (with some exceptions). Please follow our return guidelines for more details. All returns are subject to discretion based on these guidelines.
All returns, whether the original purchase was made in-store or online, can be made in-store or by mail. See instructions for both methods below.
- All returns must be initiated within 30 days of the purchase date.
- Items must be unused, in new condition with their tags still attached, and in their original packaging if applicable.
- You must have proof of purchase (store receipt, gift receipt, web order confirmation, or customer purchase history) for all returns and exchanges.
- All refunds will be made to the tender type used in the original purchase (e.g. cash, credit card, gift card). If you are returning an item that was purchased for you as a gift and you have a gift receipt, the refund will be made to a gift card.
- FINAL SALE
- For health and safety reasons the following items will not be accepted for return or exchanges: Underwear, swimwear, food, bear and dog spray, sleeping bags, liners, fuel canisters and all climbing safety gear and equipment, including, but not limited to, harnesses, ropes and carabiners.
- All items reduced by 50% or more cannot be returned or exchanged and are considered a final sale.
- Gift cards and Park Passes are not eligible for returns.
- If the item was purchased online and shipped to you, the shipping charge will not be refunded.
- Breathe Outdoors is not responsible for return shipping fees. We also recommend that you ship your return package with a carrier that can provide a tracking number and insurance. Breathe Outdoors is not responsible for packages lost in transit.
- If items in your online order arrived damaged or the wrong item was sent, you will be refunded for the cost of returning the item and should you choose to exchange any product, we will ship it to you free of charge.
- The Breathe Outdoors return policy does not cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents.
- If your item has a manufacturing defect in its materials or workmanship, we can help you with a warranty claim. See our Warranty Claims instructions.
- If a customer returns merchandise that does not meet the return guideline conditions, a refund will not be issued and the item(s) will be sent back to the customer at their expense
Returning items for exchange or refund in-store
Products may be returned in person at any Breathe Outdoors retail store location. Please bring unused, returnable items with proof of purchase to any of the following Breathe Outdoors locations:
7208 Macleod Trail SE
Calgary, AB T2H 0L9
3235 Calgary Trail NW
Edmonton, AB T6J 5X8
10951 170 Street
Edmonton, AB T5P 4V6
Returning items for exchange or refund by mail
We accept returns by mail. To return by mail:
- Complete the Breathe Outdoors Web Return Form
- Include a copy of the completed form and proof of purchase.
- Address the parcel to:
Breathe Outdoors Warehouse
10951 170 Street Edmonton, AB T5P 4V6
- Send the parcel via Canada Post parcel service. We highly recommend insuring the parcel and tracking the shipment.
Refunds by mail are usually processed within 2 business days of us receiving the product in our warehouse. If the refund is being issued to a credit card, it could take another 3-5 business days for the transaction to appear in your account depending on your bank. If a refund is made to a gift card, the gift card will be immediately mailed directly to you via Canada Post Letter service.
The customer is responsible for all return shipping charges, except in the case of web orders where the wrong product was received or the product was damaged. We highly recommend that you send the return parcel using prepaid and insured, Canada Post parcel service with tracking. Parcels returned via freight collect or COD will be refused.
If you require any assistance, please feel free to contact us:
Toll free 1.800.661.3847 or email email@example.com
Breathe Outdoors will act on your behalf for all manufacturer warranties for the products that we sell.
If you believe your item has a manufacturing defect in its materials or workmanship and qualifies for a warranty claim, we can initiate a warranty claim with the product’s brand company. To see if your product qualifies for warranty, please visit the appropriate brand’s website listed below. If you still have questions about a warranty claim and whether your product qualifies, please contact us directly and we will help clarify the individual brand warranty policies and what you can expect for your warranty claim.
Links to Brand Warranty Policies
If the brand of your defective product is not represented, please visit your closest Breathe Outdoors location and we will provide you with advice on your potential warranty claim.
If the defective item has not been used, remains in its original packaging with all appropriate tags, please bring the item in for a full return. See our Return Policy.
In-store warranty claims
Bring any items you feel qualify for a warranty claim to your nearest Breathe Outdoors location. If you are unsure whether your product qualifies for a warranty claim, our sales associates will be happy to assist you in determining your products qualification. Our associates are also knowledgeable in the various warranty claim procedures for each supplier/brand we carry and they will be able to give you insight regarding expectations regarding resolution of your warranty claim.
If we believe your product qualifies for a warranty claim, we will complete the warranty claim process and act on your behalf in seeking resolution for your warranty claim with the appropriate supplier/brand.
Mail-in warranty claims
A Breathe Outdoors representative will evaluate your warranty application within 1 week upon receipt. If your warranty claim is accepted by Breathe Outdoors, please expect 4-6 weeks for evaluation and resolution from our suppliers. If the warranty application is denied, the product will be returned to the customer at their expense.
We accept applications for warranty claims by mail. Please follow these steps to submit a warranty claim by mail:
- Enclose a letter detailing:
- Your full address
- Your contact information
- A copy of your receipt
- Explanation, in detail, about the product defects
- Where applicable, please clean or launder the item before returning it for warranty consideration.
- Mail to:
- Breathe Outdoors
Attn: Warranty Department
10951 170 Street
Edmonton, AB T5P 4V6
Redeeming Gift Cards
Gift cards can be redeemed online at breatheoutdoors.ca or at any Breathe Outdoors store location.
Gift cards purchased at Campers Village will continue to be accepted at Breathe Outdoors.
On the Checkout page, enter your gift card number and 3 Digit CVV/PIN in the appropriate boxes. The gift card 3 Digit CVV/PIN is located on the back of the card. Complete the payment information and click the "Submit Order" button. If there is a balanced owed, you will be prompted to also enter your credit card information to complete your purchase. PayPal cannot be used to pay the remaining balance.
Redeem at a Breathe Outdoors store location
Find a Breathe Outdoors store location closest to you by visiting our Contact page
Present your gift card to the cashier at checkout.
Check your gift card balance
To check your gift card balance, please visit one of our store locations or call us at 1.800.661.3847. Unfortunately at this time, we are unable to offer an online service to check your gift card balance.
Terms and Conditions for Breathe Outdoors Gift Cards
- Gift cards may be purchased at breatheoutdoors.ca or at any Breathe Outdoors store location.
- No taxes are charged on the purchase of gift cards. Applicable taxes are charged when gift cards are redeemed.
- Gift cards can be redeemed on purchases of merchandise at breatheoutdoors.ca and for purchases of merchandise or services at any Breathe Outdoors retail store location.
- Upon redeeming your gift card, if your purchase exceeds the amount of the gift card, you will need to pay the balance. (When redeeming online, this balance must be paid by credit card.)
- Gift cards cannot be redeemed for cash (except as noted below or where required by law). When redeemed at Breathe Outdoors retail stores, only gift cards containing an unused balance of $10 or less will be cashed out and any unused balance (over $10) will be available for future purchases of merchandise or services.
- Gift cards have no expiry date.
- Gift cards are not refundable if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- Gift cards may not be resold. Gift cards purchased through any unauthorized resellers, e-Bay or other internet auction sites are not guaranteed by Breathe Outdoors.
- Use of Breathe Outdoors gift cards constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Gift cards purchased at Campers Village will continue to be accepted at Breathe Outdoors.